eBay Fraudsters

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

They want your email!!

As you may know, on most bogus listings the "seller" want you to email him directly to the address listed. The scammer acomplish this by saying:
-You got to email him before you bid.
-He has a Buy It Now price.
-He would answer any question within minutes!
-Asking you not to use eBay messaging system.
For the last one they will have an excuse. For example: "if you have any questions. I don't often check the e-mail provided for eBay registration, so do not use the "ask seller a question" option because probably I will not answer you. I now use mobile internet and I can easily answer, in a couple of minutes only if you contact me at..."
However, today I noticed another scammer doing something else. Inserting an email-form directly on the auction. Like this:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home