eBay Fraudsters

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Actual email from an eBay scammer

Some of you might of received emails similar to this one and if you haven't, here you have an actual email written from a scammer to an eBay user who was interested in his fraudulent listing.

Conecyt wrote:
I want a quick deal and i guess you want that too because this is the only way you will have it home before christmas. Anyway, payment will be made through wire transfer. After i receive the payment proof i will ship it. My paypal account is now blocked because another buyer paid with a stolen paypal account. The BIN price is $1000 shipping and insurance included. The computer is new and it has the manufacturers warranty. If you agree please reply with full name and address and i will send you payment info (bank account, etc.) I'm looking forward to your reply.
Thanks.

Our thanks to eBay user Lucassacul for sharing this email with us so it can be posted to help others understand and get an idea of what a scammer will say and request.

2 Comments:

  • I got your message. Very informative, thank you. I am going to put a link to your site on my Blog. Keep those fraudsters at bay! Good work!

    By Blogger Jim Downing, at 7:33 AM  

  • Thx mate.
    You saved me a lot of bucks.
    I got suspicious and did a search of a "seller" email address and came across your "fraudster" list.

    You are now on my shortlist for citizen of the year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home